Provide quality analysis in the guidance of system development efforts through the lifecycle including, review and brokering SME assessment of project deliverables in established life cycle methodology process. Perform independent validation of deliverables, identify deficiencies, and prepare written reports monitoring compliance. Objectively support Speedway IT standards providing guidance for project teams faced with constrained delivery schedules to meet mission critical goals. Engage and promote Project Level Quality Assurance.
• Define and manage all project quality standards by independently evaluating and inspecting project deliverables and enforcing quality gates;
• Detail findings in a clear, concise manner in written and oral form;
• Direct further actions to project teams, based on quality assessments and findings;
• Develop and manage an enterprise-wide requirements catalog and test suite;
• Execute test suites for monthly and weekly releases;
• Integrate project test plans and scripts into the test catalog/library;
• Manage deployment activities, such as training, disaster recovery planning, and release notes, with project teams and Application Services;
• Assess project readiness for certification and production deployments;
• Verify release success in production environments;
• Change implementer for Mercury tickets;
• Develop, maintain, and update installation/deployment scripts for the various systems/applications
• Perform other duties which may be required to support the release process, including the preparation of release notes;
• Manage security privileges for certification and production environments;
• Leverage personal experience and judgment to recommend modifications that insure continuous improvement of department tools and resources.
Proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word)
Education - 4 year degree or equivalent experience (MIS, Computer Science or equivalent education and experience)
• Detailed knowledge of assigned Speedway applications/systems;
• Extensive test planning and execution abilities;
• Strong ability with requirements definition and management;
• Ability to analyze data and make recommendations;
• Experience with MS Office (Excel and Word);
• Ability to use automated regression tools is a plus.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and time management skills;
• Detail-oriented, able to multi-task;
• Hands-on, self-driver;
• Client-focused (clients are primarily project teams);
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word);
• Ability to negotiate and stand ground as it relates to compliance to quality standards and a project team's willingness to adhere.