The Manager, IT Corporate Application Delivery is responsible for managing application development and delivery of systems which support Speedway’s corporate services, including business functions such as human resources, accounting, light products pricing, environmental health and safety, maintenance services, and contact centers. This position manages the application groups that have specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining, enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications through their life cycle, as well as coordinate IT application delivery with third party providers. The candidate will also establish and maintain strong relationships with business units through clear and consistent engagement and communications.
• Applies proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide development teams on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems
• Works with VP of IT and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy
• Drives efficiency and reducing time to market for application delivery as part of our Agile SDLC process
• Leads development efforts and oversees portfolio delivery plans in terms of schedule, cost, scope and quality to drive delivery of technical solutions
• Works with IT Leadership Team to provide technology and thought leadership in application development and application security
• Advises and consults with other departments and third party providers on production software issues, concerns, problems, and questions
• Provides oversight and serves as an interface to executive management for large development projects.
• Mentors, recommends selection of, trains or directs training of, evaluates performance of application development managers and supervisors.
• Recruit, manage, evaluate performance, and develop employees
• Maintains schedules, reports and perform analysis of project deliverables and milestones
• Establish and monitor department goals that align with strategy objectives; ensuring individual employee goals are also aligned with departmental and corporate objectives
• Manage vender and partner relationships, ensuring products and services provided align with Speedway’s performance criteria, business goals, and contractual commitments.
• Develop, administer, and manage capital and expense budgets within area of accountability.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
• 10+ years of overall work experience
• 7+ years professional IT supervision experience
• 5+ years IT application development/delivery experience
• Retail application experience a plus
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and track multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent oversight of large scale development projects, ability to ensure projects on target and within budget
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change the duties and responsibilities of this job to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.