Copp Integrated Systems, Inc.
Low Voltage Technician
Copp Integrated Systems is looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our Technician Team. Copp installs, services and inspects a wide variety of Low Voltage Life Safety Systems including Fire Alarms, Nurse Call, Access Control, Intrusion, CCTV, Video Surveillance & Professional Sound. The Low Voltage Technician is a Full Time position who will be the face of our company as first line contact working with our customers.
Copp Integrated Systems (COPP) was founded in 1920 by Stanley Copp to manufacture and install radios in private homes in the Dayton area. Today COPP is a Systems Integrator doing business in the areas of Sound, Video, Security, Telecommunications and Data Services. For nearly 100 years COPP has continued to build a company that focuses on our core business to deliver superior customer service while embracing new and evolving technology in the Life Safety fields.
We have a long history and foundation of experienced professionals and dynamic leadership that will aggressively seek new opportunities in the marketplace to grow our business. Our objective is to be the premier provider of responsive integrated Life Safety systems and security solutions that protect and inform the businesses of our customers.
COPP is proud of our history and works hard to continue and expand on Stanley Copp’s vision. We strive to provide each employee with a pleasant working environment and fair pay and benefits, which in turn helps us to sell and install quality products and provide dependable service to our customers.
• Technician with strong commercial building experience
• Install, service & maintain systems to include running and pulling cable; programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards
• Maintain, service and/or install systems and components, verifying system performance; maintaining records
• Prepare for installations by reviewing installation orders; gathering equipment, supplies, and tools
• Participate in after-hours On-Call customer service rotation
• Cross-train on other aspects of Life safety work that Copp performs
• Verifies system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals while identifying and correcting problems
• Maintain customer relations by resolving concerns and answering questions
• Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices
• Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring; Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs
• Re-adjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation
• Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment repairs
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
• Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Promotes Copp and the products and services that are offered
• Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of all product lines and services offered
• Research and obtain information on position-specific training opportunities
• Other duties as required or assigned by company management
The Low Voltage Technician shall possess a minimum of a two-year degree or certificate in an Electronics related field or five years field experience. The ideal candidate should possess good general knowledge of electronics, construction, troubleshooting, project management and customer relations.
Experience with Honeywell Winpak, ProWatch and Identiv (Access Control) and Hikvision, Bosch and Milestone (CCTV), Siemens and Mircom (Fire) or Jeron and Stanley (Nurse Call) is a plus.
Knowledge of industry standards and state/local codes and requirements
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record